Labor weekend - Quadrilateral Tournament (Colorado, Nebraska, Arkansas & CW Youth Cricket)
You are here: Home » News » News article
As discussed earlier, we will be hosting an inter-state tournament during the labor weekend Aug 30 - Sept 1.
Traditionally, it has been a bilateral tournament with Nebraska as the visiting team.
This year we have invited 3 teams and it will be a quadrilateral tournament.
Dates: Aug 30, Aug 31 and Sept 1
The visiting teams are: Nebraska, Arkansas, Central West Youth Cricket League.
With this said, we need to start practicing as a state team, together, and field the best possible combination for the tournament.
As a part of our state-team preparations, based on my conversation with the Cougars selectors, we will use a structured approach for the tournament preparation.
1. Player nominations should be sent to the LMC group by Thursday (Aug 7, 2014) so that we start the preparations.
1. The training/practices will be conducted as North Zone and South Zone. This is to allow the Colorado State team probables to attend practice facilities closer to them.
2. There will be practice coordinators, selectors and some support staff who will oversee the team preparations.
3. To be considered for selection for the Cougars team, it is MANDATORY to attend these practice sessions.
4. We will select a pool of 20-25 players based on interest, availability and current performance.
5. The final squad of 14/15 will be announced on August 24 based on:
a. Practice participation
b. Current Performance (CCL P40 and T20 - 2014)
c. Practice coordinator feedback
d. Selectors choice, based on the above.
6. The captain and the vice-captain will be appointed by the selectors by August 15.
7. If possible, we will try to schedule two practice games for the State team. Mostly this will be North-Zone vs South Zone, but the idea is to provide match practice for the Colorado state team.
Practice facilities: Longmont, Lincoln, Boltz
Practice coordinators: Sandeep Bollampally (CCCC)
Shashank Godbole (FRCC)
Practice facilities: Cornerstone, Memorial Park
Practice coordinators: Jay Pathak (LCC)
Manjeet Inamdar (CCB)
Satyam Singh (CCB)
Selectors: Murali (FRCC)
If anyone is interested in contributing in any way, shape or form (ideas about training, umpiring, logistics, coaching, become practice coordinators....), please feel free to reach out to any member of the EC or me personally. We can always use and appreciate a collaborative effort !!
This article has been viewed 1989 times!